|Tethys Petroleum Limited is an oil and gas exploration and production company currently focused on Central Asia with projects in Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. It is the only independent oil and gas company operating in two Republics. |
Tethys Petroleum is a public company with its primary listing on the main board of the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") - the world's largest exchange for oil and gas companies, and a secondary listing on the main market of the London Stock Exchange (LSE). The Company is also listed on the Kazakhstan Stock Exchange ("KASE") in Almaty.
- Oil exploration discovery in Kazakhstan tested at 6,800 barrels of oil per day
- Successful appraisal wells tested
- Further exploration success
- Active appraisal program to evaluate full oilfield size
- Further exciting exploration prospects near to oil discovery
- Existing gas production in Kazakhstan
- 35,000 sq. km of high potential exploration acreage in Tajikistan in world class basin
- 25-year Production Sharing Contract
- Deep exploration potential in the "pre-salt" area
- Near-term oil production in shallower horizons
Tethys Petroleum derives its name from the Tethys Ocean, which covered Central Asia and surrounding areas some 250 million years ago. Many of the rocks, which were deposited in this ocean, now contain some of the world's largest oil and gas fields located in Central Asia – Tethys Petroleum's focus area. Once the Tethys Ocean closed, it created the mountain chains from the Himalayas to the Alps. Today the only parts remaining of the Tethys Ocean are the Mediterranean Sea, the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea. The Tethys Ocean was named after the mythical Greek goddess Tethys, a Titaness and sea goddess who had 3,000 children, being mother of the chief rivers of the world. Tethys is also a moon of the planet Saturn.